31 March 2018 is the deadline for the submission of membership applications to be considered in August 2018.
Who can become a Member?
- Government agencies
- Political/economic integration organizations
- National and international non-governmental organisations
- Indigenous Peoples' Organisations
N.B. Individuals can only become members of the six IUCN Commissions.
How to apply?
- Please download and read the detailed application form here: Membership Application Form
The form contains step-by-step instructions of what you need to do in order to apply for membership as well as detailed information about the membership admission criteria and process.
- Should you require assistance for any items not covered in the application form, please do not hesitate to contact the Membership Focal Point for your region.
- When you have completed the form, and gathered the necessary supporting documentation for your application (letters of recommendation from 2 IUCN Members, an audited financial statement and the Statutes of your organization), please send this all to your Membership Focal Point.
Documents to guide you through the process:
|Statutes and Regulations|
|Join the world’s largest global environmental network: The benefits of IUCN membership|
|IUCN Members Dues Guide*|
|IUCN One Programme Charter|
*Should you need to locate dues amounts for 2016 or earlier, kindly contact the Membership Focal Point from your region.