ECOLEX - the gateway to environmental law
ECOLEX has been designed to be the most comprehensive global source of information on national and international environmental law. It is a web-based environmental law information service, operated jointly by FAO, IUCN and UNEP since 2001. It is a platform that synergizes information on environmental law collected through FAOLEX (FAO), ELIS (IUCN) and InforMEA (UNEP).
Search information in the ECOLEX database: www.ecolex.org
In a nutshell
ECOLEX offers to legal professionals, academia & researchers, policy and decision-makers, and civil society:
- Over 180 000 documents in five sets of data (with related full texts and bibliographical and analytical information)
- MEA COP decisions and resolutions
- National legislation
- Literature (soft-law and law as well as policy literature)
- The entire spectrum of environmental subjects: marine ecosystems, fisheries, climate change, energy, land use, soil, species, forestry, waste, food and agriculture, etc.
- Invaluable information not only for legal professionals, researchers and students, but also for policy and decision-makers and the civil society from all over the world and at all levels
- Worldwide access and free of charge
- Trilingual user-friendly interface
- Dynamic navigation and a responsive search experience also for mobile users