Commissions' mandate and expertise
The Commissions focus on :
- driving change through leading communication, learning and knowledge
⇒ CEC – Commission on Education and Communication
- promoting ecosystem-based approaches for the management of landscapes and seascapes,
⇒ CEM – Commission on Ecosystem Management
- harmonising nature conservation and the critical social, cultural, environmental, and economic justice concerns of human societies.
⇒ CEESP- Commission on Environmental, Economic and Social Policy
- influencing, encouraging and assisting societies to conserve biodiversity by building knowledge on the status and threats to species
⇒ SSC – Species Survival Commission
- advancing environmental law to strengthen the legal foundations of conservation of nature and sustainable development
⇒ WCEL – World Commission on Environmental Law
- developing knowledge based policy, advice and guidance on the full suite of issues surrounding protected areas
⇒ WCPA – World Commission on Protected Areas
Join an IUCN Commission
Go to the IUCN Commission System to create an account and make an application to join.